Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation question 5

There is quite a broad age bracket for my magazine but apart from this there is quite an individual target audience which I have been trying to attract. The ‘indie scenesters’ are groups of people who always want to be ahead of the times, they are a head of what is ‘up to date’ carrying an alternative look and attitude around with them. My magazine concentrates on 100% British music which means that a lot of small and un recognised bands will be covered, it is the small bands that my target audience love, although they are passionate about the music that the larger band such as kasabian will be playing they love to support smaller bands that play because they love their music and not playing to generate a huge audience or commercial empire. The indie scenesters crave the adrenaline of seeing their favourite bands in tiny venues pumped up with a fast atmosphere. Although being a scenester is about individuality, there is certain trends that are followed, and I have tried to use these trends in my magazine to make my artists fit in to the genre so the audience would instantly be drawn in by them. My lead man is wearing skinny jeans which are worn religiously by the scenesters, he is also wearing a pair of vans which are a trend largely followed by the scenesters. Using the similar trend I hope to have achieved a look that will lure in my target audience easily, by just the look of the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment