Monday 20 February 2012

Q2) How does your media product represent particular social groups? (draft answer)

My artists are a male duo, that follows the same style as many British rock and indie rock groups but try and do it between the two of them as opposed to a group of 4 or more. The image on my front cover will be very simplistic and will not give too much away about any particular social group. However what I do want to give away from the front cover, is that it may appeal to a mainly male readership, and that it is indie rock music, but towards the rock end of the spectrum with bands like Kasabian, as opposed to more pop, indie rock bands like the Wombats.
The artist profile I have constructed fits in well with the article I have written for my double page spread, the 2 boys have both adopted a rock and roll attitude after leaving uni, and they don’t care for negative opinions, they simply laugh at them and more than likely swear back at them and get on with it! For my image that will be used on my double page spread I am trying to create an album cover style photo, that has both members of the duo in it! In my mock up double page spread both of my models are in it, although these are not my real models and are not dressed how I would like the overall image I am very happy with.
My contents page will show the features throughout the magazine, and will strongly appeal to fans of indie rock. Not just the music but also the look, the latest, the past, and everything about the music that I am capturing in my magazine, along with the overriding theme throughout that it is strictly British music and artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment